Hi, friends and fans that I see or will meet on the convention circuit!
This is my all new convention commission list procedure! This post is kinda long so please read carefully!
I have a limited list of requests for convention commissions I take for each day of the convention I’m appearing at.
The night before each individual day of a con, I will take as many pre-booked spots as I can for that next day of the convention.
To get a spot on that next day’s list, you will need to visit this site’s front page (toddnauck.com) at 8pm (for the time zone that convention is in) for a code word. I suggest subscribing to my RSS feed (the orange square under Spidey on my site’s front page or at bottom of front page if on a mobile device!) to get email updates for when new updates post to my site.
Once the code word has posted, send me an email with the following criteria:
A new CODE WORD will be in red bold type in an all new post stating the next day’s commission list is OPEN. That CODE WORD goes in the email’s subject heading.
In the email’s body, I need:
- Your name.
- Specify if you are an attendee or exhibitor.
(I allow only one exhibitor on my commission list for each day of the convention. The other spots are allotted for attendees. Badges will be checked the following day.)
- The type of commission you’re looking for (see options listed below).
- The name of character you would like for that commission.
- At least 3 alternate characters (in case I am not able to fulfill your first character suggestion request).
- Specify if you want your commission on my art board or if you are bringing a sketch cover or sketch book for your commission.
- List which days of the con you will be attending.
(NOTE: You MUST be attending that convention to be on the list for that specific convention weekend. I will not be able to mail any commissions out from or after the convention.)
- Since I can take very few half figures each day, you may want to list a head shot alternate choice in case you make the list but I’ve already filled up on half figure commission allotment.
If I reply back, you are on that next day’s list! I will reply with how you can pay for your commission to lock it in. You must check in at my table the next day to secure your spot otherwise it will be offered up to someone else that day on the show floor.
I will either draw your commission on the con floor that next day or finish it in the hotel that next night for pick up the following day (and there is the slight possibility I will draw a commission or commissions the night of accepting requests, time permitting).
YOU MUST BRING YOUR I.D. and CONVENTION BADGE/PASS FOR COMMISSION PICK-UP!
I will specify a time for you to come by my table for you to confirm and pay for your commission. If you have not done so my that time that spot on the list will be offered up to those at my table via dice roll.
Due to the number of emails I may receive, I cannot guarantee I will be able to reply if you do not make the next day’s list. So if you haven’t heard back from me by the following morning, my list for that day has filled.
I will repeat this email process with a new code word each night before the next day of that convention. So if you didn’t get on my list on Thursday night for Friday’s list, there is always Friday night’s code word to get a shot at Saturday’s list and so on.
Remember! Each code word is ONLY for that following day’s list! So the weekend would look kinda like this (depending on length of the specific convention):
- Wednesday night code word email for Thursday’s list
- Thursday night code word email for Friday’s list
- Friday night code word email for Saturday’s list
- Saturday night code word email for Sunday’s list
And it’s possible I may offer one other option of getting a commission on the show floor on the days of the convention.
At this time, if there is still space on my list for that day, 30 minutes after the convention opens for general admission, I will allow people who are not on my list to roll dice for that last spot. The first person to roll double numbers will be able to take that last slot on that day’s list.
Here are my current convention commission prices/options!
All commissions are single character!
- Head shot black and white on 7″x10″ (roughly) art board, on your sketch cover comic, or personal sketchbook: $50
- Head shot color Copic markers on 7″x10″ (roughly) art board, on your sketch cover comic, or personal sketchbook: $80
- Half figure black and white on 9″x12″ art board, on your sketch cover comic, or personal sketchbook: $180
- Half figure color Copic markers on 9″x12″ art board, on your sketch cover comic, or personal sketchbook: $250
*NOTE: Commission requests that require celebrity or actor likenesses may be declined. No personal or your creator-owned characters, please.
I know this is a lot of info to take in. It may even seem confusing. But I’ve been wracking my brain to find a new and as fair as possible convention commission list procedure that does not require people to have to get up unreasonably early and/or run to my table to try to get a spot on my list.
I sure hope this works and makes things less stressful for everyone in the long run!
I’ll also have some 9×12 pre-drawn studio commissions and 11×17 original comic art pages for sale at my table as well as limited edition prints and sketchbooks.
Click HERE for more info! And check back here for any possible updates to this info!
I thank EVERYONE for their continued support and understanding.
You all are awesome and I hope you will stop by my table to say “Hi!”