I know many of us have been maintaining our health, safety and wellness during this COVID-19 season with staying at home and social distancing.
A lot of our favorite comic conventions have been canceled or postponed.
Many of you are on my closed official studio commission list. I am moving through that list now. If you’ve been patiently waiting, your name may be nearing the top of that list! This list IS a top priority. But there is downtime between emailing the clients currently on that official list, processing payment, drawing the commission and getting things going with the next clients.
So to maximize my time for those who still want a pre-con style pieces, now that I’ve finished my first round of “Stay At Home Con” commissions, amidst my work on my official studio commission list, I am opening up a SECOND WAVE of limited time “Todd Nauck Stay At Home Con” commissions!
(This is still ONLY for U.S. “Stay At Home Con” commission requests at this time. I hope to do some for international requests at some point if I can. COVID-19 has caused some challenges with international shipping that entails extended time spent in a physical post office.)
I am NOT taking “Stay At Home Con” email requests now! 🙂
Info on how to get on my “Todd Nauck Stay At Home Con” Commission list will post HERE on my front page Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6pm Pacific/9pm Eastern.
Here is what I plan to do:
1. I will open up for some pre-con style studio commissions. Options and prices listed below. On Monday, June 1, at 6pm Pacific Time/9pm Eastern Time, I will post a new announcement HERE on my site stating the “Todd Nauck Stay At Home Con Commission” list is now open with very specific info I need to collate my list.
2. There will be a CODE WORD in the post’s subject heading AND in bold letters in the body of the post. This word goes in the subject of YOUR email at that time. My email address will be email@example.com.
3. You will send me that email with all the required commission info in the body of your email:
- Your first and last name.
- The type of commission you’re looking for (Options listed below!).
- The name of character (and specific costume/era) you would like for that commission. (Please include 1-3 low-res jpegs of that specific costume/era.)
- At least 3 alternate characters (in case I am not able to fulfill your first character request. Certain actor/celebrity likenesses and possibly video game, anime, and certain movie/TV characters may be declined).
4. I will reply to as many Stay At Home Con commission requests as I can. THE LIST COULD CLOSE VERY FAST!
If you receive a reply, you are on the list and we can make PayPal payment arrangements and I draw and mail out your commissioned art!
If you do not receive a reply, I may be maxed out for this window of “Stay At Home Con” commissions. Or I may take on a few more requests if I can complete the initial list and there is still time.
5. If this goes well, I may do another round of Stay At Home Con Commissions as soon as I can!
All commissions are single character!
These pre-con style commissions are drawn on 9″x12″ smooth Strathmore Bristol board. If you want yours on a sketch cover, we can discuss that possibility in your email request chain. That will depend on what blank sketch covers I have available and would be an extra charge.
These are my current Pre-Con style commission options and rates. Limit ONE commission per person.
- Half figure black and white on 9″x12″: $350
- Half figure color Copic markers on 9″x12″: $450
- Head shot black and white on 7″x10″: $100
- Head shot color on 7″x10″: $150
- Half and half character requests (like half Peter Parker/half Spider-Man) will require an extra charge.
- Shipping/handling will be $10 for USPS Priority Mail. If you want to insure your shipment, that price can be calculated.
*NOTE: Commission requests that require celebrity or actor likenesses (and possibly video game, anime, and certain movie/TV characters) may be declined. No personal or your creator-owned characters, please.
*NOTE: The Copic Marker website says: “Dyes are artificial material made through chemical processes and are not usually as archival as pigment products. In general, dyes are susceptible to ultraviolet rays. Copic inks are a dye and Copic-colored images will fade under direct sunlight or fluorescent light. If your artwork with Copic will be put up in well-lighted area, it is better to seal it with a UV blocking seal.” https://copic.jp/en/support/f3-3/
To those that have been on my Official Studio Commission list, this is a separate opportunity, just like a comic con pre-con list.
If you have been on that official list, you can still participate in this opportunity and keep your spot on the official list if you’d like! Feel free to submit your request during “Stay At Home Con”! (I will be continuing to tackle my current official studio commission list during this time, and hope to reopen that official list for new clients in the future!)
See you here Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6pm Pacific time/9pm Eastern.
My thanks for your interest in my commissioned art
Stay safe and well!