My Friday commission list for SDCC 2022 is now CLOSED.
If you receive a reply by 9am tomorrow morning, you’ve made it on the Saturday list! If you do not receive an email reply, that means my list has filled up. But! You can try on Thursday night at 8pm for Friday’s con commission list!
Thank you and good luck!
To be eligible for a con commission:
Place the CODE WORD: (NOTE: This code word is no longer valid) in the email’s subject heading.
In the email’s body, you MUST have all of the following required info listed below to email@example.com.
- Your name.
- Specify if you are an attendee or exhibitor.
(I allow only one exhibitor on my commission list for each day of the convention. The other spots are allotted for attendees. Badges will be checked the following day.)
- The type of commission you’re looking for:
- Head shot black and white on 7″x10″ (roughly) art board, on your sketch cover comic, or personal sketchbook: $60 US
- Head shot color Copic markers on 7″x10″ (roughly) art board, on your sketch cover comic, or personal sketchbook: $100 US
- Half figure black and white on 9″x12″ (roughly) art board, on your sketch cover comic, or personal sketchbook: $200 US
- Half figure color Copic markers on 9″x12″ (roughly) art board, on your sketch cover comic, or personal sketchbook: $300 US
- *NOTE: Commission requests that require celebrity or actor likenesses (and possibly video game, anime, and certain movie/TV characters) may be declined. No personal or your creator-owned characters, please.
All commissions are single character!
- The name of character you would like for that commission with specific era/costume for character and link or low res jpeg attachment of specific costume design. (Artist reserves the right to decline certain designs or make adjustments as artist deems necessary.)
- At least 3 alternate characters (in case I am not able to fulfill your first character suggestion request). Please include a head shot commission alternate choice in case half figure commission request slots fill up.
- Specify if you want your commission on my art board or if you are bringing a sketch cover or sketch book for your commission.
- CGC grading (or other comics grading services) for commissions drawn on sketch covers, add $20 to the commission price.
(NOTE! This does not include the comics grading service’s fee. Check with your comics grading service to see what they charge to grade a sketch cover commission.)
- You must appear at my table the following day to confirm and pay for your commission by 1pm. Otherwise your spot could be forfeit. The sooner you check in the more time I have to devote to the commission! If you know you will be getting into the con late that day, please email me to let me know. 😀
(NOTE: You MUST be attending that convention to be on the list for that specific convention weekend. I will not be able to mail any commissions out from or after the convention. Commissions spots are not transferable to other days of the con.)
If I reply back, you are on that next day’s list! I will reply with how you can pay for your commission to lock it in. You must check in at my table the next day to secure your spot otherwise it could be offered up to someone else that day on the show floor.
I will either draw your commission on the con floor that next day or finish it in the hotel that next night for pick up the following day (and there is the slight possibility I will draw a commission or commissions the night of accepting requests, time permitting).
Due to evening commitments during the convention weekend. replies to those that have made the next day’s list may not go out until after 12am.
YOU MUST BRING YOUR I.D. and CONVENTION BADGE/PASS FOR COMMISSION PICK-UP!
I will specify a time for you to come by my table for you to confirm and pay for your commission. If you have not done so my that time that spot on the list could be offered up to another attendee.
Due to the number of emails I may receive, I cannot guarantee I will be able to reply if you do not make the next day’s list. So if you haven’t heard back from me by 9am the following morning, my list for that day has filled.
I will repeat this email process with a new code word each night before the next day of that convention. So if you didn’t get on my list on Thursday night for Friday’s list, there is always Friday night’s code word to get a shot at Saturday’s list and so on.
Remember! Each code word is ONLY for that following day’s list! So the weekend would look kinda like this (depending on length of the specific convention):
- Wednesday night code word email ONLY for Thursday’s list
- Thursday night code word email ONLY for Friday’s list
- Friday night code word email for ONLY Saturday’s list
- Saturday night code word email for ONLY Sunday’s list
I’ll also have some 9×12 pre-drawn studio commissions and 11×17 original comic art pages for sale at my table as well as limited edition prints and sketchbooks.
Click HERE for more info!
I thank EVERYONE for their continued support and understanding.
You all are awesome and I hope you will stop by my table to say “Hi!”