I’ve finished my previous round of “Stay At Home Con” commissions, amidst my work on my official studio commission list. I am opening up a THIRD WAVE of limited time “Todd Nauck Stay At Home Con” commissions on Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 12pm Pacific/3pm Eastern.
I am NOT taking “Stay At Home Con” email requests now! 🙂
Info on options and procedure on how to get on my “Todd Nauck Stay At Home Con” Commission list is listed below.
The list will OFFICIALLY open with an ALL NEW post HERE on my front page Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 12pm Pacific/3pm Eastern.
Please read on for some ALL-NEW info!!!
I know many of us have been maintaining our health, safety and wellness
during this COVID-19 season with staying at home and social distancing.
A lot of our favorite comic conventions have been canceled or postponed.
Many of you are on my closed official studio commission list. I am moving through that list now. If you’ve been patiently waiting, your name may be nearing the top of that list! This list IS a top priority. But there is downtime between emailing the clients currently on that official list, processing payment, drawing the commission and getting things going with the next clients.
I am opening this list for U.S. requests and I plan to take FIVE (5) international requests. COVID-19 has made international shipping a bit more challenging.
I know many international people have been patiently waiting for an opportunity to get a “Stay At Home Con”commission from me. So I am gonna try five international requests. If that goes well, I’ll see if I can take some more. (either on a future wave or possibly even this one.) 😀
Here’s how it will work:
PLEASE READ ALL BULLET POINTS CAREFULLY!
1. I will open up for some pre-con style studio commissions. Options and prices listed below. On Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 12pm Pacific/3pm Eastern, I will post a new announcement HERE on my site stating the “Todd Nauck Stay At Home Con Commission” list is “now OPEN” with very specific info I need to collate my list.
2. There will be a CODE WORD in the post’s subject heading AND in a bold RED BOX in the body of the post.
This word goes in the subject of YOUR email at that time. My email address will be firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. You will send me that email with all the required commission info in the body of your email:
- Your first and last name.
- Your complete and accurate shipping address
- The type of commission you’re looking for (Options listed below).
- The name of character (and specific costume/era) you would like for that commission. (If you are able, please include 1-3 low-res jpegs of that specific costume/era. Otherwise, costume/era may be selected by artist.)
- At least 3 alternate characters (in case I am not able to fulfill your first character request.) Note: Certain actor/celebrity likenesses and possibly video game, anime, and certain movie/TV characters may be declined).
4. I will reply to as many Stay At Home Con commission requests as I can.
THE LIST COULD CLOSE VERY FAST!
If you receive a reply, you are on the list and we can make PayPal payment arrangements. Then I will draw and mail out your commissioned art!
If you do not receive a reply, I may be maxed out for this window of “Stay At Home Con” commissions. Or I may take on a few more requests if I can complete the initial list and there is still time.
5. If this goes well, I may do another round of Stay At Home Con Commissions as soon as I can!
All commissions are single character!
These pre-con style commissions are drawn on 9″x12″ smooth Strathmore Bristol board (or on 140lb cold press watercolor board for watercolor commissions). If you want yours on a sketch cover, we can discuss that possibility in your email request chain. That will depend on what blank sketch covers I have available or can access and would be an extra charge.
These are my current Pre-Con style commission options and rates. Limit ONE commission per person.
- Half figure black and white on 9″x12″: $350
- Half figure color: Copic markers or watercolor on 9″x12″: $450
- Head shot black and white on 7″x10″: $100
- Head shot color: Copic markers or watercolor on 7″x10″: $150
- Half-and-Half characters (example: Spidey/Peter Parker) and movie costume versions of characters (example: MCU Captain America) will be extra charges depending on the particular character.
- U.S. shipping/handling will be $10 for USPS Priority Mail for U.S. shipping. If you want to insure your shipment, that price will be calculated.
International shipping/insurance/handling charges will be calculated depending on region. Please note: taxes, customs, and/or fees for your country may be applicable.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, please consider some shipments and delivery could be delayed.
*NOTE: Commission requests that require celebrity or actor likenesses (and possibly video game, anime, and certain movie/TV characters) may be declined. No personal or your creator-owned characters, please.
*NOTE: The Copic Marker website says: “Dyes are artificial material made through chemical processes and are not usually as archival as pigment products. In general, dyes are susceptible to ultraviolet rays. Copic inks are a dye and Copic-colored images will fade under direct sunlight or fluorescent light. If your artwork with Copic will be put up in well-lighted area, it is better to seal it with a UV blocking seal.” https://copic.jp/en/support/f3-3/
To those that have been on my Official Studio Commission list, this is a separate opportunity, just like a comic con pre-con list.
If you have been on that official list, you can still participate in this opportunity and still keep your spot on the official list if you’d like! Or use this opportunity to use your official list spot. Feel free to submit your request during “Stay At Home Con”! (I will be continuing to tackle my current official studio commission list during this time, and hope to reopen that official list for new clients in the future!)
See you here Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 12pm Pacific/3pm Eastern.
My thanks for your interest in my commissioned art. 😀
Stay safe and well!